"I am 3/4ths Canadian, and one 4th New Englander - I had ancestors on both sides in the Revolutionary war." - Elizabeth Bishop
____________________________________________

Friday, May 19, 2017

“Echoes of Elizabeth Bishop” Gallery: Artist Profiles

Below is the profile for Christene Sandeson, one of the artists participating in the inaugural exhibiton of the "Echoes of Elizabeth Bishop" Gallery.

Christene Sandeson

Of her art and artistic practice, Christene Sandeson writes: “In my journey through life, the emotion of various life challenges and events has inspired me. In my small circle, discussing those experiences over a cup of tea makes for closer friendships. The practise of sharing life journeys is our evidence that we are not alone.

Having painted in acrylic and carved in small-scale stone over 40 years, my subject matter has always reflected the emotions that are relevant and valuable to me. My images now contain fragments of land and animal imagery connected in a surreal way with the major design elements in an attempt to suggest an interconnectedness of our experiences.”

You  can see some of Christene’s art on her website: www.christenesandesonart.ca.

Currently, Christene has several works display at the Marigold Centre in Truro, N.S. In July 2017, she will have a solo exhibition at the Fraser Cultural Centre in Tatamagouche, N.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment